NL Housing and Homelessness Network (NLHHN)
Address: 77 Charter Avenue, Suite 100, St. John’s, NL, A1A 0N2
|General Inquiries: |
Tel: (709) 722-1030 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: (709) 722-8335
Executive Director Contact:
Tel: (709) 690-2853 Email: email@example.com
NLHHN enables participants to share insights and ideas, identify service needs, and develop effective strategies to address the continuum of shelter, supportive housing and other support needs for people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness in Newfoundland and Labrador.
Any organization or individual who is committed to working on the Housing and Homelessness Network’s goals. This can include representatives of persons who are homeless or at risk of homelessness, community-based agencies, representatives of municipal, provincial and federal agencies with responsibility for housing, income support, health care, justice services, or education, churches, other Networks / working groups that deal with persons at risk of homelessness, the business community and academic researchers.
Highlights of Programs/Services Offered:
The Newfoundland & Labrador Housing & Homelessness Network (NLHHN) is an incorporated not-for-profit provincial organization working collaboratively and creatively with community and government partners to end homelessness and ensure housing stability throughout Newfoundland and Labrador. Strategies include:
- Leadership and policy development
- Capacity Building: retention and recruitment, training and professional development
- Research and data co-ordination
- Knowledge transfer and public awareness
- Social enterprise development – The Network Café
- The Network Café was conceived as a social enterprise operation where individuals struggling with barriers to enter or re-enter the workforce would have an opportunity for meaningful employment and work experience.
- In addition, the NLHHN partners with regional Community Advisory Boards (CABs) throughout the province in an effort to help inform Network provincial activity and to work collaboratively to end homelessness.