Inclusion Canada Newfoundland and Labrador
Head Office: 74 O’Leary Avenue St. John’s, NL A1B 2C7
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 8414 St. John’s, NL A1B 3N7
|Tel: (709) 722-0790 |
Fax: (709) 722-1325
To work with and on behalf of individuals with an intellectual disability and their families. To advocate for individuals to live as full participants in the community based on the values of Equality, Inclusion and Independence.
Persons with intellectual disabilities, their families, and communities.
Highlights of Programs/Services Offered:
- Provide support to individuals, families and local associations re. housing and community inclusion
- Hotel Respite Program: To make reservations, parents/caregivers can call us at 709-722-0790 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- To apply for this program, you should be a current member of Inclusion Canada Newfoundland and Labrador. Please download our membership application form to become a member of the Inclusion Canada Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Estate Planning: In partnership with McInnes Cooper Law Office can help you with free estate planning for the benefit of persons with intellectual disabilities. Email email@example.com
- Work with government and service agencies to build supportive communities
- Lobby for changes in social policy, programs and laws
- Facilitate research, training and planning
- Serve as a centre for gathering and distribution of information
- The maintenance of a resource centre containing literature and videos on numerous topics.
- Provincial Incentive Program – This program promotes the uptake of the Registered Disability Savings Plan (RDSP) throughout the province by providing eligible individuals with an opportunity to participate in RDSP information sessions, as well as receiving a one-time $150 stipend from the Inclusion Canada Newfoundland and Labrador as an incentive to open an RDSP.
- Students Exploring through Mentoring (SET) – Helping students with Intellectual Disabilities transition from high school to the labour market.
- Ready, Willing, and Able – Working with employers to increase awareness of benefits of inclusive hiring practices. Aligning employer human resources demand to supported employment agencies.
- NEW!!! – Imagine – A resource guide for youth entering into adulthood. A list of services and supports in the Metro Area IMAGINE… (inclusioncanadanl.ca).