Key Assets NL – Family-Based & Alternate Care Providers
Office Address: 21 Adams Avenue, St. John’s, NL, A1Z 4Z1.
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 2336, St. John’s, NL A1C 6E1
To provide quality care in a therapeutic setting. Also, to make a positive and lasting difference to the lives of children and youth.
Key Assets NL will strive to develop and offer a range of creative services for children, youth and families, working in partnership with statutory bodies, to meet their specific needs and deliver positive outcomes.
Highlights of Programs/Services Offered:
Family Based Care: In Family-based Care, the goal is to provide a model of care that enables young people to safely and successfully settle into a stable family environment, as well as preventing children who have experienced multiple placement breakdowns from experiencing another placement failure.
- An enhanced multi-disciplinary support package of intervention will be provided.
- The support will be therapeutically led and include a range of social work, education, child and youth care and practical support as appropriate.
Alternate Care (Individualized Living Arrangements). In ILAS Child and Youth Workers support a young person on rotational staffing model in a home environment that is geared towards meeting the young person’s presenting and ongoing needs: Child and Youth Care Workers and other in house professionals:
- Provides a safe environment through structure, routine and predictability.
- offer variety of training and programming tailored towards meeting the needs of young person
In ILAS there may be times when two unrelated young persons reside together if requested by government agency and Key Assets has assessed the match to be good for both individuals.
Family Based Care Respite Care: In this program approved family based respite carers are available to support family-based care placements and homes with out of home respite supports as needed.
Clinical and Professional Services Division: Key Assets offers a wide range of clinical supports for children, youth, adults, couples, and families by highly trained and experienced registered professionals:
- Counselling Services
- Alternate Learning Centre (ALC)
- Autism Supports & Services
- Certified Trauma & Resilience Practitioners (CTRP)
- SNAP is an emotional regulation program for children between the ages of 6 and 11 that has been developed by the Child Development Institute (CDI).
- Key Asset NL has an annual license to offer this program in both St. John’s and in Happy Valley Goose Bay, Newfoundland & Labrador.
- This is a model for teaching emotional regulation, self-control and problem-solving when dealing with behaviors.
- The primary goal of SNAP is to keep children and youth in school and out of conflict, increase problem solving and decision making, and improve relationships
- Referrals can be made to: email@example.com
- Key Assets has both a Clinical Social Worker and Counselling Psychologist on staff as therapist providing counselling supports and serves to children and youth placed in our care, carers, and families of carers