Office Address: 21 Adams Avenue, St. John’s, NL, A1Z 4Z1.
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 2336, St. John’s, NL A1C 6E1
Tel: (709) 579-1624 Email: email@example.com
Fax: (709) 579-2477 Website: www.keyassetsnl.ca/
Mandate: To provide quality care in a therapeutic setting. Also, to make a positive and lasting difference to the lives of children and youth.
Target population: Key Assets NL will strive to develop and offer a range of creative services for children, youth and families, working in partnership with statutory bodies, to meet their specific needs and deliver positive outcomes.
Highlight of Programs / Services Offered:
- In Family-based Care, the goal is to provide a model of care that enables young people to safely and successfully settle into a stable family environment, as well as preventing children who have experienced multiple placement breakdowns from experiencing another placement failure.
- An enhanced multi-disciplinary support package of intervention will be provided.
- The support will be therapeutically led and include a range of social work, education, child and youth care and practical support as appropriate.
Residential Child Care:
- In order to deliver a truly therapeutic environment for the young people in residential child care, a comprehensive, multi-faceted approach is required. In order to provide quality care, Key Assets:
- Provides a safe environment through structure, routine and predictability.
- Use activities and daily life events to bring about positive change.
- Develop positive relationships and a sense of belonging.
- Encourage family support and offer academic support.
- Key Assets offers a wide range of training and consultation services to parents, professionals and agencies involved with the provision of services for children, youth and families. Training Topics include:
- Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD)
- Understanding and Dealing with Challenging Behaviours
- Liaison Services
- Parenting Skills
- Myers-Briggs Personality Type
- The Therapeutic Use of Daily Life Events (DLE)
- Vicarious Trauma