Cochrane Street United Church: 81 Cochrane Street, St. John’s, NL
Tel: (709) 754-2532 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mandate: To facilitate capacity building, inclusivity, innovation and partnership.
Target population: All members of the community.
Highlight of Programs / Services Offered:
- Cochrane Centre, a dynamic social enterprise operated by CCOPC (Cochrane Community Outreach and Performance Centre Incorporation), is located at the Cochrane Street United Church Cochrane Centre is home to:
- 10 supportive housing units
- A mid-sized performance centre
- Community rehearsal and performance space
- A commercial-scale kitchen
- A meeting/gathering place for community groups
- CCOPC is a newly incorporated Ministry of the United Church of Canada established by the Cochrane Street United Church in St. John’s. This community-focused organization, governed by a volunteer Board of Directors, is committed to:
- Providing supportive housing and working towards poverty reduction
- Providing a venue for gathering, outreach and performance arts, cultural and community based organizations and groups
- Supporting and encouraging the provision of similar outreach and community based services, initiatives, and activities.