City of St. John’s Housing Division
Address: City Hall Annex, 1st Floor, PO Box 908, St. John’s, NL A1C 5M2
|Tel: (709) 576-8196 |
Fax: (709) 576-8078
To provide adequate and affordable housing to residents of St. John’s and surrounding areas.
Low to moderate income earners, whether they be single, families, or seniors.
Highlights of Programs/Services Offered:
- Non-Profit Housing): Tenants in this type of housing pay the lower end of market rent as determined annually by Newfoundland Labrador Housing, or 25% of their net income whichever is greater.
- 30 Hamilton Avenue (64 two-bedroom apartments; 1 one-bedroom)
- 179-229 Forest Road (26 townhouses consisting of three-bedroom and four-bedroom)
- Rawlin’s Cross (25 apartments consisting of one-bedroom and two-bedroom)
- Fahey’s Row (5 one-bedroom and 5 three-bedroom)
- 66-92 Alexander Street/131-153 Hamilton Avenue (24 semi-detached townhouses; three-bedroom and four-bedroom)
- 2-16 Carnell Street/2-32 Larkin’s Square (four townhouses and 20 semi-detached town houses; three-bedroom and four-bedroom)
- 65-79 Carter’s Hill/12-34 Goodview Street (20 apartments, three-bedroom and four-bedroom)
- 1-29 Sebastian Court (29 townhouses, two-bedroom, three-bedroom, and four-bedroom)
- 15-39 Cuckhold’s Cove Road Cuckhold’s Cove Road (13 three-bedroom town houses and semi-detached)
- Rent Geared to Income (RGI): The RGI units are targeted specifically at individuals and families of low income. Rents in these units are based strictly on 25 per cent of net monthly income. Heat is included in the rent and there is a small surcharge for lights.
- 151-141 Hamlyn Road
- 1-19 Rockcrest Court
- 1-15 Bastow Court/1-11 Mifflin Court
- 49-51 Cochrane Street
- 174 Campbell Avenue
- An additional 63 apartments/houses are provided through Infill housing located in the downtown area.
- Affordable Housing: 52 affordable one-bedroom housing units in the Pleasantville and Convent Square areas. These units are for single individuals and seniors with an income of $32,500 or less upon move in.
- Applications can be obtained from our website, in person at our offices in the City Hall Annex, or by calling (709) 576-8196.