Tuckamore Centre & CONNECT Team – Eastern Health
7 Mallow Drive, Paradise, NL A1L 3A9
Tel: (709) 752-3914 Email: MHAintake@easternhealth.ca
Service Provider Website: www.easternhealth.ca/AboutEH.aspx?d=3&id=2104&p=724
Mandate: To provide specialized treatment for youth from throughout Newfoundland and Labrador who may be facing complex mental health issues.
Target population: Youth ages 12-18 who are experiencing complex mental health issues and who require the support of a residential setting to meet their needs.
Highlight of Programs / Services Offered:
- A 12-bed provincial facility located in Paradise.
- Average length of stay is 6-12 months.
- The centre is a safe, structured environment to address each young person’s individual needs. It provides:
- A therapeutic home-like environment
- A school area
- A multipurpose room
- A physical fitness area
- A dedicated space for family visiting overnight
- Named after the Tuckamore Tree, because they are known for surviving and thriving despite living in the harsh coastline environment of Newfoundland and Labrador. This name reflects the resilience of the youth staying at the centre and their potential to overcome and flourish despite challenges.
- Any Mental Health professional can refer a youth to this service.
- To view the necessary referral forms, click
- The CONNECT team is also linked to this service area. It provides intensive case management for youth with complex mental health issues, as well as case coordination for youth with both complex mental health and youth justice involvement.