Office Tel: (709) 752-3595 Central Intake: (709) 752-8888
Fax: (709) 752-6852
To provide client treatment services, trauma training, education and consultation while promoting evidence-based research and practice for psychological trauma. This program offers hope that people can establish an anchor within their present environment to cope with their past and build a meaningful future.
Men and women 18+ who have been exposed to traumatic life events (ranging from single incident traumas to chronic traumatic experiences such as abuse, neglect and traumatic loss) that affect the individual’s ability to cope with daily living.
Highlight of Programs / Services Offered:
Client Treatment Services:
- A variety of therapeutic approaches are used to create increased awareness of traumatic impacts for clients.
- Treatment services are designed to encourage client stability during trauma recovery.
- The treatment aims to teach safety skills, self-care abilities and re-connection with the community.
- Group therapy is the main service offered, however individual appointments are available if required.
- Group and individual therapy is focused on reducing identified concerns and improve coping ability.
- A recovery focus is encouraged with client involvement in peer support and aftercare.
Referrals can be made to Adult Central Intake by your practitioner or you can self-refer by calling (709) 752-8888.