The Gathering Place
Address: 172 Military Road, PO Box 1761, St. John’s NL A1C 5P5
|Tel: (709) 753-3234 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org |
|Twitter: @GatheringNL |
The Gathering Place is a non-profit, street level, community service centre that provides a primary health care collaborative to persons who are homeless or precariously housed, through health and social supports in an inclusive, low barrier setting.
All adults over the age of 26.
Highlights of Programs/Services Offered:
- Health Clinic is currently being operated from 193 LeMarchant Road Phone: 709-777-1190
- Mental Health and Addictions Counselor: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Hot Meal Program:
- Hot breakfast Mon- Sunday 8:00 AM – 9:00 AM
- Noon meal 11:30 AM- 1:00 PM
- Supper: 5:00 PM – 6:30 PM
- Case Management onsite Monday-Saturday
- Dental services; please contact the front desk for more information
- Social Supports:
- Social Inclusion
- Computer Access/literacy
- Work empowerment: work-based projects such as art and community garden.
- Guest Empowerment Activities: Grief and loss group, peer support group, listening post, my sister’s kitchen, library, weekly mindfulness and DVD exchange.
- Bike repairs Friday mornings throughout Summer and Fall (weather permitting)
- Music room with pianos and guitars for guest usage.
- Law Clinic Monthly.