The Gathering Place
Address: 172 Military Road, PO Box 1761, St. John’s NL A1C 5P5
|Tel: (709) 753-3234 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org |
|Twitter: @GatheringNL |
The Gathering Place is a non-profit, street level, community service centre that provides a primary health care collaborative to persons who are homeless or precariously housed, through health and social supports in an inclusive, low barrier setting.
All adults over the age of 26.
Highlights of Programs/Services Offered:
- Health Clinic is currently being operated from 193 LeMarchant Road Phone: 709-777-1190
- Mental Health and Addictions Counselor: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Hot Meal Program:
- Hot breakfast Mon- Sunday 8:00 AM – 9:00 AM
- Noon meal 11:30 AM- 1:00 PM
- Supper: 5:00 PM – 6:30 PM
- Case Management onsite Monday-Saturday
- Dental services; please contact the front desk for more information
- Social Supports:
- Social Inclusion
- Computer Access/literacy
- Clothing Boutique
- Home Support Program
- Sewing services for those who need minor clothing repairs
- Annual Flu Clinic
- Annual Income Tax Clinic
- Message centre for Guests who have no fixed address
- Advocacy with government and health/social agencies
- Elevator and other aids to enable people with disabilities to access services
- Work empowerment: work-based projects such as art and community garden.
- Guest Empowerment Activities: Grief and loss group, peer support group, listening post, my sister’s kitchen, library, weekly mindfulness and DVD exchange.
- Informal social activities (safe, comfortable places to read, listen to music, watch TV, play cards, enjoy bingo and other games, play guitar and piano)
- Art classes, craft sessions and other creative pursuits
- Music room with pianos and guitars for guest usage.
- Building Skills: Individuals can learn new skills
- Art is Therapy
- Writing Group
- Vegetable Garden