172 Military Road, PO Box 1761, St. John’s NL A1C 5P5
Tel: (709) 753-3234 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mandate: The Gathering Place is a non-profit, street level, community service centre that provides a primary health care collaborative to persons who are homeless or precariously housed, through health and social supports in an inclusive, low barrier setting.
Target Population: All adults over the age of 26.
Highlight of Programs / Services Offered:
- Provides primary health clinics – Family Physician and Nurse available Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
- Mental Health and Addictions Counselor: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Hot Meal Program:
- Hot breakfast Mon- Friday 8:00 AM – 9:00 AM
- Noon meal 11:30 AM- 1:00 PM
- Supper: 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM and,
- Saturday brunch 11:00 AM-1:00 PM
- Case Management onsite Monday-Saturday
- Dental services; please contact the front desk for more information
- Social Supports:
- Showers/hair care
- Social Inclusion
- Computer Access/literacy
- Work empowerment: work-based projects such as art and community garden. Bike repairs Friday mornings throughout Summer and Fall (weather permitting)
- Seamstress Fridays 10:30 AM
- Music room, peer to peer lessons
- Advocacy, link to government and housing supports as well as Eastern Health and community resources. AESL Outreach Team visits on Wednesdays 9:30 AM – 3:30 PM
- Law Clinic Monthly throughout the summer