Individuals may call the Central Intake line directly for more information, self-referral and screening.
Central Intake Line: (709) 752-8888
Mental Health and Addictions System Navigator:
Barry Hewitt Tel: (709) 752-3916 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To help clients use their knowledge, insight gained and their own natural supports and resources to make healthy changes in their lives.
Men and women 18+ living with mental illness. Anyone can refer.
Highlight of Programs / Services Offered:
- The Strengths Team consists of a multidisciplinary team that assists people to achieve or return to an independent, healthy and productive lifestyle.
- Case Managers help people to meet their needs and work on goals by:
- Providing counselling
- Helping to prevent and handle crises
- Helping with managing symptoms and illness
- Teaching skills
- Teaching about medication and health
- Helping with housing
- Helping with day to day routine
- Advocating for people and their families
- Educating and supporting families
- Case Management Services are available in all regions and are designed to ensure that individuals with complex mental illness receive appropriate and integrated care, treatment and support.
- Services are delivered by front line mental health providers, primary nurses and social workers, who work closely with clients and families to meet an array of needs.
- Supportive care in a person’s home and community is meant for persons experiencing functional disabilities as a result of mental illness who require ongoing support in their daily lives.
- The Mental Health and Addictions Referral Form is used to refer and should be fully completed. Referrals are screened and then contacted by the appropriate service. Physicians and other health professionals can fax (709) 752-6852 or email a referral to MHAintake@easternhealth.ca