306 Waterford Bridge Rd
St. John’s, NL A1E 4J8
Mental Health and Addictions System Navigator: Barry Hewitt
Tel: (709) 752-3916
To provide specialized services to individuals involved with the Mental Health & Addictions program.
Individuals involved with the Mental Health & Addictions program.
Highlight of Programs / Services Offered:
Nursing Services / Ambulatory Care (Waterford Hospital): (709) 777-3667
- The primary role of this nurse is to work collaboratively with the client, case managers, caregivers, families, and support providers to coordinate clinical services through outpatient clinics and to ensure continuity of care.
- The nurse assesses, monitors, and evaluates ongoing care and acts as an advocate for clients without primary care providers. S/he also runs a depo-neuroleptic clinic for approximately 100 clients.
ECT Service (Waterford Hospital): (709) 777-3648
- ECT is a treatment for people with mental illness.
- Given under general anesthetic by an anesthetist and a psychiatrist.
- Primarily used for patients with depression but can also be given to treat other mental illness.
- Offered three times per week on an inpatient or outpatient basis. Patients can also avail of treatment on a maintenance schedule.
Dental Department (Waterford Hospital): (709) 777-3346
- The Waterford Hospital Dental Department provides services to both inpatients and outpatients of the Mental Health and Addictions Program.
- The client must be under the care of a psychiatrist, have a case manager, be involved in the Waterford programs and be a recipient of Human Resources, Labour and Employment income support.
- The Department is staffed by a registered dentist and a Psychiatric Licensed Practical Nurse.