18A-18B UB Waterford Hospital, Waterford Bridge Road
Mailing Address: 48 Kenmount Road, PO Box 28029, St. John’s, NL A1B 4J8
Tel: (709) 777-3335 Fax: (709) 777-3524 Email: email@example.com
Contact: Susan Hyde, Executive Director
Mandate: To improve the quality of life for those affected by Schizophrenia and Psychosis through education, support programs, public policy and research
Target Population: Individuals, families and others affected by schizophrenia, psychosis, and other mental illnesses.
Highlight of Programs / Services Offered:
- Strengthening Families Together: A course for family members of people with serious mental illness, focusing on major psychiatric disorders
- Partnership Education Program: This program is based on a personal story-telling model
- Reach Out: A resource kit designed to increase awareness among students, teachers and counselors
- Schizophrenia Awareness Days: Two-day education sessions for family members and caregivers on schizophrenia
- Your Recovery Journey: A one day session facilitated by people in recovery who can give valuable information that will help any person with mental illness who would like to find support and explore different aspects of recovery
- Iris Group: The Iris Group is a monthly support group for consumers and family members. Meetings are usually scheduled once a month, and normally have a guest speaker chosen by the participants. If you would like more information on an existing support group, or are interested in starting your own, please contact our office.