Saint Vincent De Paul Society (SSVP)
|Tel: (709) 685-8657 |
National Email: email@example.com
|Facebook: SSVP Canada |
The St. Vincent de Paul Society is a lay Catholic society whose mission is to live the Gospel message by serving Christ in the poor with love, respect, justice, and joy.
Individuals in the geographical area of the various conferences.
Highlights of Programs/Services Offered:
- Their volunteers seek people in need, wherever they live—in their homes, on the street, in shelters, in hospital or in prison.
- Volunteers work in their own area, and respond to local needs. This means that the Society’s work around the world is extremely varied: health; agriculture; education; housing; employment support; help for elderly, disabled, isolated or excluded people, and more.
- Provide emergency food services to people in need.
- It also provides emergency assistance and rehabilitation for victims of natural or humanitarian disasters, and finances development projects.
- There are four conferences in the city of St. John’s:
- Peter’s Food Bank: 747-3320
- Mary Queen of the World Food Bank: 364-7140
- Corpus Christi Food Bank:364-4116
- Theresa’s Food Bank:579-5467
- As well as providing groceries on an emergency basis to people in the surrounding areas, some conferences also offer assistance in other ways on an as-needed basis.
- Please call the closest conference to you for further information.
- Personal Visits
- Food Assistance
- Material Help
- Help for Youth
- Social Justice
- Emergency Relief: The Committee is responsible for ensuring a response and follow-up to International Council General (ICG) and National Councils financial assistance requests as a result of natural disasters and humanitarian catastrophes.
- Seeds of Hope: The Canada Learning Bond (CLB) provides up to $2,000 in free money for post-secondary education for children born after January 2004 whose families receive the National Child Benefit Supplement. No parental contributions are needed.
- North of 60
- Indigenous Peoples
- Safe, secure, and affordable housing