SWAP Outreach SWAP Office
Call for Delivery 47 Janeway Place
Tel: (709) 757-7927 Tel: (709) 757-7927
Tuesday and Thursday evening Toll Free: 1-800-563-1575 Ext. 24
7:30-10:30 Mon-Fri, 8:30 -12:30 and 1:30-4:30
Mandate: To reduce harm related to substance abuse and other risky behaviour, including but not limited to: harm related to HIV infection and transmission; harm related to Hepatitis B and C infection and transmission; harm related to wound infection or improper injection practices; and Overdose Prevention and Naloxone Kits.
Target Population: Any substance users wishing to reduce their risks through access to information, sterile equipment, and related support. Anyone needing a Naloxone Kit.
Highlight of Programs / Services:
- SWAP works from a Harm Reduction philosophy. Harm reduction is based on dealing with the person “where they are at” – respecting, honouring and supporting their ability to make decisions. One of these decisions may be to use drugs or to engage in other higher-risk behaviours. People use substances for many social, economic, physical health, mental health and personal reasons.
- Harm Reduction strategies encourage people to build their strengths and to gain a sense of confidence. They can help someone move to a state of control from one of chaos.
Supplies available from SWAP include
- Safe Disposal of used needles
- Sharps containers
- Sterile water
- Crack Pipes/Brass Screens/Mouth Pieces
- Steroid needles and information
- Basic personal care items (when available)
- Safer injection & vein maintenance information
- HIV and Hepatitis C information
- Condoms, lubrication
- Support, referrals
FREE & CONFIDENTIAL
No Names needed!