Eastern Health Building 80
Pleasantville PO Box 13122
St. John’s, NL A1B 4A4
Contact: Denise Pollard, Program Manager Tel: (709) 777-3511
Contact: Michael Sweeney, Program Manager Tel: (709) 777-3505
To provide psychiatric and therapeutic rehabilitation services to individuals with mental health concerns.
Individuals 18+ involved in the Mental Health & Addictions system.
Highlight of Programs / Services Offered:
Psychiatric Rehabilitation Services:
- North 3A (709) 777-3636
- This is a 15 bed unit that utilizes the principles of the Recovery Model to engage clients in an active psychiatric rehabilitation program. People with severe and persistent mental illness may be referred from acute care or forensic services.
- In-Patient Therapeutic Recreation (709) 777-3636
- Inpatient Therapeutic Recreation is comprised of 2.5 Recreation Development Specialists and four Therapeutic Recreation Workers and provides a wide variety of recreation programs to all inpatients of the Waterford Hospital.
- Physiotherapy (709) 777-3551
- The Physiotherapy Department is part of the multidisciplinary team and provides services to inpatients and outpatients within the Mental Health and Addictions Program.
- Customized treatment plans are designed once an assessment is complete and support strengthening, mobility, balance and postural improvements to minimize risks of falls.
- The goal of this service is to teach people how to restore, maintain and/or maximize movement, reduce pain and manage any chronic symptoms.
- They utilize individualized therapeutic exercise, manual therapy and other treatment techniques.