St. John’s Centre & North
81 Kenmount Road
Tel: (709) 752-3560
St. John’s East
Tel: (709) 752-3385
St. John’s West
Mount Pearl Square
Tel: (709) 752-4317
Portugal Cove/ St. Phillips
Tel: (709) 895-7051
26 Graves Street
Tel: (709) 752-4946
St. John’s Downtown
Tel: (709) 752-4800
Torbay Community Health Clinic
Tel: (709) 437-2201
Mandate: The goal of nursing services is to work with individuals and families to achieve an optimal level of well-being. Community Health Nurses initiate and participate in activities that support healthy lifestyle and create supportive environments within a primary health care framework. The main focus of these programs is health promotion, health protection, disease and injury prevention, health surveillance, population health assessment and emergency preparedness and response.
Target Population: Individuals of all ages / families
Highlight of Programs / Services Offered:
- Prenatal Education and Support
- Healthy Beginnings Program: Support for Newborns, Young Children and their Families
- Breastfeeding Support
- Child Health Clinics
- Preschool Health Check Clinics
- Communicable Disease Control and Follow-up
- Environmental Public Health
- Nursing services are provided on referral and are based upon assessed need.
- Community Health Nurses work in partnership with other professionals (e.g. Social Workers, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, and Nutritionists) to provide comprehensive services.
Referrals to any of the nursing programs may be made by family physicians, hospitals, or individuals requiring care and/or services. Nursing offices are located throughout the region.