NL HealthLine – Dept. of Health and Community Services, GovNL
Address: Confederation Building, 1st Floor West Block, PO Box 8700, St. John’s, NL A1B 4J6
|CALL 811 or Tel: 1-888-709-2929 |
Highlights of Programs/Services Offered:
- Call for Medical Advice and Health Information, Mental Health Aid and Service Information, to speak with a dietician, or to book a virtual care appointment
- The HealthLine is a confidential and free telephone line staffed by experienced registered nurses. It is available to all residents of Newfoundland and Labrador, any time, day or night.
- The HealthLine will provide follow-up calls, with consent, to callers who have contacted the HealthLine because of a mental health or addictions concern.
- The HealthLine can help you decide what steps to take to manage your physical and mental health, and the health of your family. HealthLine nurses can also provide information about health services in your area, and answer questions you may have about health-related topics.
- If you or someone you know has a mental health, substance use or addiction emergency call 911.