NL Alliance for the Control of Tobacco (ACT NL)
Address: 29 Rowan Street, St. John’s, NL A1B 2X2
|Tel: (709) 753-0079 |
|Fax: (709) 753-0109|
ACT is a partnership of both government and non-government organizations, dedicated to reducing the negative health, economic, and environmental effects of tobacco use in NL.
All segments of population with particular attention to youth.
Highlights of Programs/Services Offered:
- Together with its partners, ACT is responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring the Provincial Tobacco Reduction Strategy which sets out a coordinated plan for tobacco control activities in the Province.
- Mass media campaigns including T.V., radio and print commercials which educate youth on the tobacco industry.
- Mass media campaigns which educate the entire population on the dangers of 2nd hand smoke exposure in the home and in the work place.
- Delivery of anti-tobacco presentations to schools and community groups
- The ACT Grant Program is a year-round program designed to assist community partners around the province as they implement projects to show that every action counts when it comes to tobacco control in NL.