George Street United Church, 25 Buchanan Street, St. John’s, NL, A1C 0A4
Tel: (709) 739-0290 Fax: (709) 739-0288 Twitter: @SalArmyNL
Captain Tony Brushett, Executive Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
Denise Miller, Community Ministries Senior Worker: email@example.com
New Hope Clinic: 752-6856
Jane Coombs, Employment Services Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
Danielle Chafe, Program Coordinator/Administration email@example.com
Mona Simms, Receptionist, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mandate: To promote the opportunity for personal growth and empowerment by responding to the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of the individual in a holistic manner
Target Population: Marginalized population (adults)
Highlight of Programs / Services Offered:
- Community navigator assists individuals in finding housing, applying for income support, making medical appointments or getting referrals to other services, etc.
- Spiritual Guidance and Direction provided by onsite chaplain/executive director.
- Friendship Corner providing a meal and socialization.
- Wellness Drop in Group.
- Coffee/Social Times is held for those who come early for lunch. The Centre provides a time to connect with a mental health social worker.
- New Hope Employment Programs give individuals who are not eligible for training under employment insurance programs an opportunity to further their skills and get professional assistance to get back into the workforce. This is a 12 week program (9 in the classroom, 3 on work placement) that is offered at the Centre. Staff from the College of the North Atlantic delivers programs in Retail Skills (offered each January) and Building Service Work (offered each September).
- New Hope Clinic is a health care clinic developed in partnership with Eastern Health, providing medical services to individuals in the downtown core who do with a Nurse Practitioner
- Chiropractic services held Tuesdays and Fridays.
- New Creations (Crafts and Hobbies program).
- In-house clinics such as flu shot and tax preparations are held seasonally with participation by Eastern Health and the Revenue Canada Agency.
- Various programs throughout the year such as Sally Ann’s Pantry, Life’s etc.