18 Springdale Street, St. John’s, NL A1E 2R1
Tel: (709) 739-0290 Fax: (709) 739-0288 Twitter: @SalArmyNL
Website: under construction
Mission Statement: The Salvation Army Ches Penney Centre of Hope exists to promote the opportunity for personal growth and empowerment by responding to the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of the individual.
Vision Statement: Through the love of Jesus Christ, The Salvation Army Ches Penney Centre of Hope will be a beacon of light that provides care, guidance and hope to all in our community while valuing dignity, diversity and the uniqueness of each individual.
Target Population: Marginalized population (adults/families)
Highlight of Programs / Services Offered:
- Family Services offers a range of Food Security programs, as well as our Christmas toy/hamper distribution and school programs. For more information, please contact Family Services Coordinator, Sara Kean at (709)237-0095 or email@example.com
- Community Meals: Tuesday: 11:30am – 12:30pm, Wednesday: 11:30am – 12:30pm, Thursday: 11:30am – 12:30pm
- Food Bank: Tuesday: 12:30pm – 3:00pm, Wednesday: 9:00am – 11:30am & 12:30pm – 3:00pm, Thursday: 12:30pm – 3:00pm
Our Pathway of Hope Program offers case management and spiritual care to individuals and their families who may be experiencing poverty cycles. Pathway of Hope can offer service connections to job training, health services, childcare, education, housing and legal services. For more information please contact the Family Services Intake Worker & Pathway of Hope Case Worker, Brian Abrahamse at (709)237-0270 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Spiritual Care offers compassionate support through individual spiritual counselling sessions and prayer to promote personal healing, growth and connection. We provide spiritual resources and referrals to local faith communities and community services. Additionally, corrections Chaplaincy services for Her Majesty’s Penitentiary and court are available. Contacts: Captain Beverly Howell-Brushett, Director, Spiritual Care (709) 237-0227 or email@example.com and Nic Dobson, Chaplain, Correctional & Justice Services at (709)746-4163 or firstname.lastname@example.org and Major Ross Grandy Officer, Correctional & Justice Services (709) 237-0059 or email@example.com
- Addictions Counseling – In-house Addictions Counselor available at the Centre. For more information or to book an appointment, please call Lindsay Kennedy, B.Ed, M.Ed (Counselling/Psychology), Addictions Counselor, at (709)237-0255 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Social and recreation programs are offered throughout the week and are subject to change. Please contact Andrew Parrell, Social and Recreation Coordinator for details at (709)237-0096 or email@example.com
- Employment Training Programs are delivered by the College of the North Atlantic and take place in the Fry Learning Centre at the Centre of Hope. These programs are available to individuals who are in receipt of income support and would like to enter or re-enter the work force. For details contact the Employment Programs Coordinator at (709)237-0075. Jane Coombs, BA., firstname.lastname@example.org
- The NL Chiropractoric Association provides Chiropractic services to clients of the Centre of Hope on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. For further information, please contact our Receptionist at (709)739-0290 or email@example.com.
The new Salvation Army Ches Penney Centre of Hope is open and ready to meet the needs of our community, please see the updated program and service brochure below.
Captain Tony Brushett, Executive Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
Captain Beverly Howell-Brushett, Director, Spiritual Care email@example.com
Mona Simms, Receptionist, firstname.lastname@example.org
Danielle Chafe, Administrative Coordinator email@example.com
Dion Osmond, MBA, Director of Operations firstname.lastname@example.org
Major Rhonda Smith, Volunteer Coordinator email@example.com