Ches Penney Centre of Hope – Salvation Army
Address: 18 Springdale Street, St. John’s, NL A1E 2R1
Ches Penney Centre of Hope Brochure
Mission Statement: The Salvation Army Ches Penney Centre of Hope exists to promote the opportunity for personal growth and empowerment by responding to the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of the individual.
Vision Statement: Through the love of Jesus Christ, The Salvation Army Ches Penney Centre of Hope will be a beacon of light that provides care, guidance and hope to all in our community while valuing dignity, diversity and the uniqueness of each individual.
Marginalized population (adults/families).
Highlights of Programs/Services Offered:
- Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday: 11:30 – 12:30
- For more information, please contact the Kitchen/Cook at (709)-739-0290
COMMUNITY & FAMILY SERVICES
- Offers monthly food hampers to individuals and families. An interview with the intake worker is required. Clothing vouchers are also available every six months for The Salvation Army Thrift Store.
- Tuesday: 12:30 – 3:00
- Wednesday: 9:00 – 11:30 & 12:30 – 3:00
- Thursday: 12:30 – 3:00
- For more information, please contact Community & Family Services
- Phone: (709) 237-0270/237-0095
PATHWAY OF HOPE
- Offers case management and spiritual care to individuals and their families. We can provide service connections to job training, health services, childcare, education, housing, and legal services.
- For more information, please contact the Pathway of Hope Caseworker
- Phone: (709) 237-0270
- The NL Chiropractic Association provides Chiropractic services to clients of the Centre of Hope on Tuesday and Thursday mornings.
- For further information, please contact our Receptionist at (709) 739-0290
- Offers in-house Clinical Counselling services to support mental health and addiction concerns.
- For more information or to book an appointment, please contact the
- Clinical Counsellor Phone: (709) 237-0255
CORRECTIONS & JUSTICE SERVICES
- Offers support for those navigating the court system, incarcerated individuals, and those post-release.
- For more information, please contact Correctional & Justice Services Phone: (709) 237-0059
- Employment Training Programs are delivered by the College of the North Atlantic and take place in the Fry Learning Centre at the Centre of Hope. These programs are available to individuals who are in receipt of income support and would like to enter or re-enter the workforce.
- For details, please contact the Employment Readiness Program Coordinator
- Phone: (709) 237-0075
SOCIAL WORKER / COMMUNITY NAVIGATOR
- Offers assistance to individuals to obtain identification cards, apply for income support, complete housing applications and support individuals with navigating the housing and healthcare system. Appointment and drop-in services available.
- For more information, please contact the
- Social Worker/Community Navigator Phone: (709) 726-5026
- Offers individual spiritual counselling sessions, prayer, spiritual resources and/or referrals to local faith communities. Group activities include:
- Spiritual Care Group – 1st Tuesday monthly 10-11 am (Bible study, conversation, prayer)
- Mindful Movement – Wednesday 1-2 pm (Improve strength, mobility, and coordination while also developing body, mind, and spirit connection).
- For more information, please contact the Director of Spiritual Care Phone: (709) 237-0227
Phone: (709) 739-0290
Phone: (709) 237-0283
Receptionist at (709) 739-0290
Phone: (709) 237-0255
Community & Family Services
Phone: (709) 237-0270/237-0095
Correctional & Justice Services
Phone: (709) 237-0059
Employment Programs Coordinator
Phone: (709) 237-0075
|Director of Operations |
Phone: (709) 237-0275
Director of Spiritual Care
Phone: (709) 237-0227
Phone: (709) 237-0225
Phone: (709) 739-0290
Pathway of Hope Caseworker
Phone: (709) 237-0270
Social Worker / Community Navigator
Phone: (709) 726-5026
Phone: (709) 237-0217