Mental Health and Addictions Division – Health and Community Services – Gov. of NL
Address: PO Box 8700, 1st Floor, West Block, Confederation Bldg., St. John’s, NL A1B 4J6
|Tel: (709) 729-6870|
Fax: (709) 729-4429
Contacts: Contact Information – Health and Community Services (gov.nl.ca)
Website: Mental Health and Addictions – Health and Community Services (gov.nl.ca)
The Mental Health and Addictions Division is responsible for providing leadership in the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of provincial policies and programs related to mental health and addiction in Newfoundland and Labrador. The division works in partnership with the four regional health authorities (RHAs),community groups, the provincial Mental Health and Addiction Advisory Council and Recovery Council, family members and individuals with lived experience, as well as other stakeholders in Newfoundland and Labrador.
Highlights of Programs/Services Offered:
- Experiencing a mental health and/or addictions crisis? Call 811. 811 HealthLine nurses are available 24/7 to listen, provide support, and connect you to health services in your area. If you are experiencing a mental health and addictions crisis, need support, or are looking for health information, call 811.
- Mental Health and Addictions Systems Navigator. Call 709-752-3916 or Toll Free at 1-877-999-7589
- Provincial Lifewise Warm Line Call: (709) 753-2560 or Toll Free at 1-855-753-2560
- Bridge the gapp: Bridge the gapp is a free online resource for youth and adults. It connects you to self-help information and local supports through a searchable service directory. You can also access a variety of tools to support your wellness. There’s something for everyone.
- For more information please visit: Home – Bridge the gapp
- Additional Mental health Services/ resources provided by the Gov. of NL include: