Memorial Minds (MUN Minds)
Address: 1 Arctic Avenue, Memorial University, UC 6017, St. John’s, NL A1C 5S7
To eradicate stigma surrounding mental illness and support students on a path towards mental wellness.
Students of Memorial University and the surrounding community.
Highlights of Programs/Services Offered:
- On-campus Peer Support Program: For students needing someone to talk to in a trusting environment.
- Peer Support Program is a collaboration with the Student Wellness and Counselling Centre which aims to provide in-person, non-crisis support to students at Memorial University of Newfoundland who are struggling to maintain positive mental health.
- Peer Supporters are undergraduate and graduate students at Memorial who have been trained in Mental Health First Aid, and who have agreed to protect the anonymity and privacy of students who seek support by signing our Peer Support confidentiality contract.
- If you or someone you know would like to speak with a Peer Supporter, you can visit us in room UC 6017. Monday-Fridays from 10:00 am-4:00pm
- If you are interested in becoming a Peer Support volunteer, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.