Physical Address: 130 George Street West, St. John’s, NL A1C 5L4
Mailing Address: 25 Buchanan Street, St. Joh’s, NL A1C OA4
Tel: (709) 726-8775 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website: jimmyprattcentre.ca Fax: (709) 726-8780
Mandate: To provide food, companionship and support to those facing homelessness or poverty.
Target population: Individuals in the downtown core of St. John’s.
Highlight of Programs / Services Offered:
- Part of George Street United Church Outreach Programming
- Friendship Corner: Visitors can relax and watch some TV or a video, or even surf the internet.
- Computer Access Program: Computer access is available for those who want to search for jobs, send an e-mail or just browse the internet.
- Hot lunch every Friday from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Soup Kitchen
- Hot Breakfast every Monday Morning for the winter months (Jan-Mar) from 8:30 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Senior’s Inclusion Program Committee (SIPC): Delivers regularly scheduled programs and special events from the outreach centre. Objectives of the Senior’s Inclusion Program are:
- Provide a venue for social interaction
- Provide an exercise program suitable to their age groups
- Create a welcoming and friendly environment
- Offer healthy lunch menus each week
- Hot Soup Cool Jazz Fundraiser: Gourmet soup competition in support of ending poverty and homelessness in our community.
- Gifts with Vision: Jimmy Pratt is one of the registered charities included in the Gifts with Vision Calendar—a national program coordinated by the United Church of Canada.