Jimmy Pratt Memorial Outreach – CentreGeorge Street United Church
Physical Address: 130 George Street West, St. John’s, NL A1C 5L4
Mailing Address: 25 Buchanan Street, St. Joh’s, NL A1C OA4
|Tel: (709) 726-8775 Email: email@example.com |
Fax: (709) 726-8780
Facebook: Jimmy Pratt Memorial Outreach Centre
To provide food, companionship and support to those facing homelessness or poverty.
Individuals in the downtown core of St. John’s.
Highlights of Programs/Services Offered:
- Part of George Street United Church Outreach Programming
- Friendship Corner: Visitors can relax and watch some TV or a video, or even surf the internet.
- Computer Access Program: Computer access is available for those who want to search for jobs, send an e-mail or just browse the internet.
- Hot lunch every Friday from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Soup Kitchen
- Hot Breakfast every Monday Morning for the winter months (Jan-Mar) from 8:30 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Senior’s Inclusion Program Committee (SIPC): Delivers regularly scheduled programs and special events from the outreach centre. Objectives of the Senior’s Inclusion Program are:
- Provide a venue for social interaction
- Provide an exercise program suitable to their age groups
- Create a welcoming and friendly environment
- Offer healthy lunch menus each week
- OWLS Program
- Provide seniors an opportunity to learn new skills
- Provide informal lessons to teach skills known to them
- Engage seniors in meaningful activities while improving opportunities for social interaction
- Focus is on skills and the ability for seniors to train other seniors in areas such as woodworking, knitting, baking or other life skills.
- Emergency Pantry:
- program and facility meant to augment current services and is intended to meet specific needs. Its not a food bank but can offer help in emergency situations.