Jacob Puddister Memorial Foundation
Address: 65 Lemarchant Rd, St.John’s, NL A1C 2G9.
|Tel: (709) 689-3452|
|Website:https://www.jpmemorialfoundation.com Instagram: @jpmemorialfoundation |
Facebook: @The Jacob Puddister Memorial Foundation
- To provide mental health resources to youth in Newfoundland and Labrador and to eliminate the stigma surrounding mental health through various fundraising efforts and community partnerships.
With Jake’s heart and your help, we can make a difference.
Young people ages 12-35
Highlights of Programs/Services offered:
- Free Counselling: to young people ages 12-35. Across 10 free sessions clients can meet with the same mental health care provider on bi-weekly basis over a course of approx. 20 weeks. The first session focuses on clients articulating their needs and goals and subsequent sessions are geared towards reaching those goals, decrease distress, and increase support, validation, and hope. For more information please email us at email@example.com or call us at (709) 689-3452. To stay update on the waitlist click here
- Peer support: Certified Peer Support Worker on staff here at JPMF offer clients a chance to discuss ongoing or acute mental health challenges in a safe and non-judgemental space. The focus of the peer supporter is to remain wellness focused while providing their peers with a sense of empowerment through conversations. JP Memorial Foundation believes Peer support represent three values:
- Validation & Comfort
- Authenticity & Acceptance
- Encouragement & Active interest
- ASIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training)Training: In partnership with CMHA-NL, we provide free ASIST training to members of our community who are looking to become more comfortable with addressing suicidal thoughts/ideation with young folks. Please note: we are not currently offering any training during the summer and no tentative dates have been scheduled for the Fall. If you would like more information on who offers ASIST or participating organization please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Quadrangle 2SLGBTQIA+ Community Counselling Line: In partnership with Quadrangle NL this service is available through phone, text, video or drop in counselling service and is provided and created by members of the 2SLGBTQIA+ community. Every Friday’s from 11am-3:30pm there are four 60 minutes sessions available each week. call or text us at (709)689-3452 or email us at email@example.com. To book an appointment click here. We provide therapy from three main lenses:
- queer/trans theory,
- trauma informed care,
- and person-centered therapy
- Therapeutic and Support groups: Currently on pause. Please check back here or email counselling@jpmemorial foundation.com for more information.
- Merchandise: we sell full & short sleeve shirts, hoodies, hats, stickers, mugs & water bottles. To make a purchase click here. Please note: that at this time we do not provide shipping. once an order has been placed we will be in touch with you via or phone to schedule a pick time at our location on 65 Lemarchant Rd.
- Community resources: click here to view a list of resources
- Baskets of Hope: Honouring the memory of those who have lost their battle with mental illness and engages the community in open discussion around suicide and mental health through guest speakers, inspirational stories, and information booths.
- Shifting Gears: is annual event which aims to raise awareness and funds for youth mental health in Newfoundland and Labrador while honouring Jake’s legacy and celebrates his life in his love of cars and racing,his strong and altruistic desire to help those in need.