4 Escasoni Place
St. John’s, NL
Tel: (709) 722-4031
Toll Free: 1-866-722-4031
TTY: (709) 772-7998
Fax: (709) 722-0147
To provide support, resources and opportunities for empowerment, which enable persons with disabilities to make informed choices about their lives
People of all ages who have any type/combination of disabilities
Highlight of Programs / Services Offered:
- Advocacy Skills: helping people stay in control of their lives, offering support for accessing services, skill development, taking risks and solving problems
- Full Steam Ahead employment services: helping people develop careers, search for employment, start a business, or return to school
- Peer Support: Groups which provide individuals with disabilities the change to share experiences, networking with other peers and socialize.
- Volunteer Programs: provides people with an opportunity to volunteer within our organization and the community at large
- Adaptive Technology Services: Any type of hardware or software which makes it easier to use a computer. These services support people to overcome obstacles that may otherwise prevent them from using a computer or accessing the Internet.
- Research and Development: we develop partnerships with individuals, organizations, government, schools, universities and businesses. By working together, we can identify service gaps and develop solutions for them. Research that acknowledges and respects people who have disabilities as experts is important in determining what works and what doesn’t. Information that is tested and validated by consumers is the key to developing programs and services which benefit the whole community.
- Independent Living Internships: The Independent Living (IL) Internship Program provides an opportunity for people with disabilities to be involved in their communities and to increase awareness and skills of Independent Living. The program provides employment opportunities for individuals and supports them in overcoming barriers, developing career related knowledge, weighing out risks and gaining employment skills.