IMAlive Online Crisis Helpline
|Website: www.imalive.org |
|Instagram: @imalivechatline |
IMAlive is a live online network that uses instant messaging to respond to people in crisis. People need a safe place to go during moments of crisis and intense emotional pain, and may not always be willing or able to call a phone helpline. IMAlive seeks to provide this safe space by having 100% of its volunteers trained in crisis intervention.
Anyone dealing with crisis.
Highlights of Programs/Services Offered:
- The IMAlive.org website provides an anonymous online chat service connecting people in crisis with trained volunteers. The chat line strives towards being 24/7, but cautions that during times of high volume, there may not be a volunteer available immediately.
- Online training is provided to volunteers through the QPR Institute. Interested volunteers must be 16 or older and have at least 4 hours a week available for training, practice and eventually online support.
- The IMAlive volunteers make a life changing commitment to respond to people in crisis with their time, talents and empathy.
- Alive! Mental Health Fair – College Campus:
- This event trains the students to recognize warning signs and helps start the conversation about mental illness and suicide prevention with students.