Home and Community Care Intake: (709) 752-4942
Home and Community Care Coordinators: (709) 752-4835
Chronic Disease Prevention and Management: (709) 752-3946
The goal of the Home and Community Care program to support individuals and their families living in the community who need additional care and professional services to manage an illness. The support provided by this program helps individuals avoid admission to a healthcare facility or reduce the length of their stay in the hospital.
Individuals of all ages / families
Highlight of Programs / Services Offered:
- The home and community care service providers team includes:
- Community Health Nurses
- Licensed Practical Nurses
- Social Workers
- Occupational Therapists
- These professionals work together to:
- Provide comprehensive care
- Work with clients and families to meet care needs
- Support client independence and self-management of chronic disease
- The Home and Community Care program offers a wide range of services to residents of all ages in Eastern Health. These services include
- Health promotion
- Clinical intervention
- Rehabilitation services
- Chronic disease management
- Long term supportive care
- Palliative and end of life care
- Services are provided on referral and are based on assessed need. These services are offered in variety of settings including home and clinic sites.
- A list of contacts for the Home and Community Care Clinics can be found by clicking here.