Home and Community Care Intake: (709) 752-4942
Home and Community Care Coordinators: (709) 752-4835
Chronic Disease Prevention and Management: (709) 752-3946
Mandate: The goal of the Home and Community Care Program is to support individuals and their families living in the community who need additional care and professional services to manage an illness. The support provided by this program helps individuals avoid admission to a healthcare facility or reduce the length of their stay in the hospital.
Target Population: Individuals of all ages and families.
Highlight of Programs / Services Offered:
- The home and community care service providers team includes:
- Home and Community Care Nurses
- Social Workers
- Home and Community Care Coordinators
- Occupational Therapists
- These professionals work together to:
- Provide comprehensive care
- Work with clients and families to meet care needs
- Support client independence and self-management of chronic disease.
- The Home and Community Care program offers a wide range of services to residents of all ages in Eastern Health. These services include:
- Home and Community Care services are provided to individuals based on their specific needs. To ensure these needs are met, individuals will be referred to the most appropriate service based on standardized assessments of individual needs.
- Requests for Home and Community Care services can be made by anyone including the individual, family member, doctor, nurse or other health care professionals.
- If you have an inquiry about the Home and Community Care Program or are looking for program contact information, click here.