Problem Gambling Helpline: 1-888-899-4357; 24/7/365
Mandate: Gamblers anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other such that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from a gambling problem. The main purpose is to help compulsive gamblers stop gambling.
Target Population: The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop gambling.
Highlight of Programs / Services Offered:
- Gamblers Anonymous offers a 12 Step Program
- Weekly meetings (St. John’s Metro): Recovery Centre
- 80 Charter Ave., Building 532, Pleasantville, St. John’s, NL (rear parking lot entrance)
- Tel: (709) 752-4980; 24/7
- Meeting Times:
- Monday – 8:00 pm – 9:00 pm including ALL statutory holidays
- Starting November 4th, 2019 meetings start at 7:30 pm – 9:00 pm
- Recovery Centre
- The Recovery Center is operated by Eastern Health and is located St. John’s.
- It is open to men and women over the age of 16 who are experiencing symptoms of alcohol and other drug withdrawal or who need assistance with a gambling problem.
- Admission to the centre can be through self-referral or through hospital emergency units, health professionals and community agencies (i.e.: RNC).
- The centre is able to provide contact information for Gamblers Anonymous contacts within the province.