|24/7 Problem Gambling Helpline: 811 |
Gamblers anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other such that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from a gambling problem. The main purpose is to help compulsive gamblers stop gambling.
The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop gambling.
Highlights of Programs/Services Offered:
- Gamblers Anonymous offers a 12 Step Program
- Weekly meetings (St. John’s Metro):
- 8:00pm (Mondays and Thursdays), Canon Wood Hall, Military Road.
- 222 Lemarchant Road (temporary location), St. John’s, NL A1C 2H7
- The Recovery Center is operated by Eastern Health and is located St. John’s.
- It is open to men and women over the age of 16 who are experiencing symptoms of alcohol and other drug withdrawal or who need assistance with a gambling problem.
- Admission to the centre can be through self-referral or through hospital emergency units, health professionals and community agencies (i.e.: RNC).
- The centre is able to provide contact information for Gamblers Anonymous contacts within the province.