- Bridges to Hope: 39 Cookstown Road, St. John’s, NL
Tel: 722-9225 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours of Operation: Tuesdays 11 am – 1 pm; Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays 10 am– 1pm.
Clients need their MCP and AES file number or drug card number. Full hampers available every 28 days (some emergency hampers). Serves all areas of St. John’s. Toy lending program available on Wednesday and Friday between 9:30 am – 11:30 am.
- Teresa’s Parish: St. Vincent De Paul Society, 120 Mundy Pond Road, St. John’s, NL
Hours of Operation: Please call to find out dates and times of operation as hours and days are subject to change. Call before 1 pm for a hamper.
Clients need their MCP and drug card number. Full hampers are available monthly.
- Emmaus House: Bonaventure Avenue (at the end of Bon’s school next to the Basilica), St. John’s, NL
Hours of operation: Monday to Friday between 1 pm – 3 pm
Clients need their MCP and drug card number if possible. Full hampers are available every 30 days. Serves all areas of St. John’s. Closed for 1 week during the months of June, July and August.
- Campus Food Bank
Memorial University Campus, Corti Reale Building (near Burton’s Pond), St. John’s, NL
Hours of operation: Mondays and Thursdays 3:30pm – 5:30pm and 7pm – 8pm; Sundays 3pm – 5 pm.
Need a student number and MCP number if possible. Serves mainly students of the university and others connected to the university. Get a full hamper monthly.
- Pius X Parish: Located in the MacMorran Community Centre (behind Brophy Place), St. John’s, NL
Hours of operation: Mondays and Thursdays 9 am – 1 pm (You must call before 12 pm). Hamper pick-up is 12 pm-1 pm.
You need to call Monday and Thursday Mornings and leave a message – they will call back to tell you when to come in. No walk-ins available. Serves only the surrounding area. You will need your MCP and AES file number. You get a full hamper every 30 days. Also has a clothing room – get a garbage bag for a dollar – those inside the area can go twice a month and those outside the area can go once a month.
- Salvation Army Ches Penney Centre of Hope: 18 Springdale Street, St. John’s, NL
Tel: 739-0290 or 237-0270 or 237-0095
Hours of operation:
- Tuesday 12:30pm – 3:00pm
- Wednesdays 9:00am – 11:30am, 12:30pm – 3:00 pm
- Thursday 12:00pm – 3:00pm
- Note: You will need an MCP or hospital card for every member of your household. You can get a full hamper every 4 weeks, with exceptions for emergencies. Serves all areas.
- Mary Queen of Peace Food Bank: 110 McDonald Drive, St. John’s, NL
Tel: 726-9924 or 685-6400
Hours of operation: Wednesday 9:30 – 12:30 only.
You will need your MCP card and proof of address. Note: You should live within the area of Mary Queen of Peace church.
- Single Parents’ Food Bank: 472 Logy Bay Road, St. John’s, NL
Hours of operation: Monday, Wednesday & Friday 10 am – 1 pm, 2-4 pm.
Single parents need custody papers, MCP card or AES File number, Child Tax Credit and Assessment Info from Revenue Canada. Note: the clothing outlet for adults and children is also open at the hours above. Identification etc. is not required for this service.
- Paul’s Parish: 340A Newfoundland Drive, St. John’s, NL
Hours of operation: 3:15 – 4pm (Only on Food Hamper days), Please come to the BACK DOOR. Food hampers are available once a month (Except December, you may come twice). Need the MCP number of all family members in your house, AES File number or pay stub, as well as proof of address is required.
Note: you should live within the area of St. Paul’s church.Hamper distribution days: March 23, April 11 or 20, May 11 or 23, June 13 or 22, July 11 or 25, August 10 or 24, September 12 or 21, October 12 or 24, November 9 or 21, December 5 and January 11 or 23, 2018.Registration for Christmas Hampers will take place November 9, 21 and December 5 distribution days.
- Corpus Christi: Vincent de Paul Society on Waterford Bridge Road (behind the church), St. John’s, NL
Hours of operation: Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays between 10 am – 12 noon, the third Saturday of each month between 10 am – 12 pm. Closed on Saturdays in July and August.
Call the day before or before 10 am and they will call back, ask a few questions and you go in to pick up a hamper. You will need MCP number, proof of address and file number if possible. Get a full hamper once a month (some emergency hampers available). Serves the Corpus Christi Parish.
- Mary Queen of the World: 775 Topsail Road (basement of the church), Mount Pearl, NL
Hours of operation: Tuesday to Friday 9:00 am to 11 am.
Call one day before and leave a message – they will call in the morning when it is ready and give you a time to pick up a hamper. Serves only the surrounding area (Parish Hall). You will need MCP and drug card number. Get a full hamper every 30 days.
- Peters Parish: St. Vincent de Paul Society at 110 Ashford Drive (basement of the church), St. John’s, NL
Hours of operation: Monday to Thursday 7 – 7:30 pm.
Need the MCP number of all family members in your house and proof of address unless already on record. Get a full hamper once a month (some emergency hampers available). Serves the surrounding area.
- Salvation Army Mt. Pearl: 106 Ashford Drive, St. John’s, NL
Hours of operation: Mondays 12 noon – 2 pm, Tuesdays and Fridays 10:30 am – 2:30 pm
You can drop in but they would prefer if you call during Food Bank hours. You need your MCP number and proof of address. A person can apply for a hamper once a month. Serves Mt. Pearl, Goulds, Paradise, Kilbride and Southern Shore