351 Kenmount Road, St. John’s, NL A1B 3P9
Tel: (709) 722-0502 Toll-free: 1-866-EPILEPSY Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mandate: To share information, and educate the public on the subject of epilepsy; and to adopt any measures necessary to improve the health, strength and well-being of those with epilepsy, wherever possible, in the province of NL.
Target Population: Persons with epilepsy, their friends, families and the community
Highlight of Programs / Services Offered:
- Epilepsy Information Sessions: Epilepsy Newfoundland and Labrador offers in-house Epilepsy Information Sessions, free of charge in the St. John’s and surrounding areas.
- Information & Resource Centre: provides extensive access to all sorts of medical and social information regarding such topics as treatment, medication, employment, health matters and social issues. Epilepsy will mail out an information kit on the topic you’re interested in.
- A quarterly newsletter to keep our members up to date on the very latest happenings in the world of epilepsy.
- Alerts: When anything happens that could have a serious impact on people living with epilepsy such as a recall of medication or discovery of new side effects, it is sent out to members through Info Alerts and posted on the Anti-Epileptic Drug Warnings and Alerts section of the website.
- Newly Diagnosed Support & Advocacy: In person or by phone across the province. One on one support for the issues you may be facing.
- Public Presentations: We offer a wide variety of presentations and information sessions for groups, organizations, and classrooms of all ages and sizes.
- Thrift Store: Previously Loved Clothes and Things is open 9:30 to 9:30 seven days a week. Because it is a charity there isn’t any sales tax, and the best part is that 100% of the profits stay in Newfoundland to help fund their other services.
- Resources and Assistance.