Doorways Walk-In Counseling Service – Eastern Health
Address: 80 Charter Ave Building 532, St. John’s, NL A1A 1S5 (Back of building on Roosevelt Ave)
|Tel: (709) 752-4903 |
Service Provider Website: https://mha.easternhealth.ca/doorways/
Doorways provides rapid access to mental health and addictions counselling services ‘one session at a time.’ While most Doorways locations offer a walk-in service, some locations provide same-day or next day services or appointments by phone. Walk-in counselling services are available without an appointment or referral.
Men, women and children over the age of 12.
Highlights of Programs/Services Offered:
- Doorways is NOT an emergency service. Individuals experiencing a mental health crisis should proceed to the nearest hospital or emergency department.
- No triage, no intake process, and no wait list. No formal assessment and no formal diagnostic process.
- Offered at eight sites throughout the region. To view walk-in service locations and clinic hours, visit Eastern Health’s website.
- Service is provided by a team of Mental Health Clinicians, including Mental Health Social Workers, Nurses, Psychologists, and Addictions Counselors.
- You will meet with a mental health clinician for a single session (approximately 1 hour) to address a mental health and/or addictions issue.
- A full list of Doorways clinics, addresses, telephone numbers, and times can be found here.
- For in-person, telephone and/or video counselling services to please call 709-752-4903 to discuss counselling options and arrange a session.
- Doorways( St. John’s) is open Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Tuesdays and Thursdays 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Please note the last in person appointment booked is at 6:00 p.m and the last phone/video session is booked at 3:30 p.m