It is important to note that while the CONNECT Team is it’s own program, it is ran out of the Child and Adolescent Outpatient Services division of Eastern Health’s Mental Health and Addictions program. Therefore you can also get in contact with the CONNECT Team through the contact information under Child and Adolescent Outpatient Services on Thrives Directory.
Child and Adolescent Central Intake Contact Information
Number: (709) 777-2200
Fax: (709) 777-2211
80 Charter Avenue, Building 532, Pleasantville, St. John’s, NL A1B 4A4
CONNECT Secretary Number:
Resource Coordinator Contact:
Tel: 709-777-2148 Fax: 709-752-6863 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mandate: To provide a safe, structured environment to address each young person’s individual needs. This program is offered by a team of Mental Health and Addictions staff with Eastern Health. It seeks to complement services that are already in place, fill identified gaps in service and help with transitions for youth with complex service needs, as well as facilitating referrals to residential mental health treatment when required.
Target Population: Youth ages 12-18 who are experiencing complex mental health issues and who require the support of a residential setting to meet their needs.
Highlight of Programs / Services:
- The team is comprised of a Youth Corrections Mental Health Coordinator, two Mental Health Resource Coordinators, and two Child and Youth Care Counselor, and an Addictions Counsellor.
- The Youth Corrections Mental Health Coordinator provides province-wide services to the broader youth corrections population with an emphasis on young offenders with mental health needs.
- Youth Mental Health Coordinators provide services within the Eastern Health region and assist with connecting clients to appropriate programs outside the region during transitioning.
- The Child and Youth Care Counselors provide a unique service within Eastern Health as they work directly with youth and their families, to build strong, healthy relationships and assist with skill development through the use of daily life events.
- This team works together to provide a variety of services, including:
- Resource / Service Coordination
- Assisting with transitioning (e.g. custody, residential treatment, acute hospitalization, etc.)
- Intensive Case Management
- Clinical social work and child and youth care interventions
- Community Capacity Building
- Case management
- Substance use counselling
- CONNECT encourages referrals from service providers via the MHA referral form, and strives to help other service providers identify resources and services that may meet the needs of the youth they are working with.
- Referrals to the CONNECT team can be made by completing this form and faxing it to (709) 752-6863.
- Hours of Operation: 8:30am-4:30pm; Monday to Friday.