CSP Intake Tel: (709) 752-4835
Seniors: (709) 752-4835
Autism Services: (709) 752-4319
Special Child Welfare Allowance Intake: (709) 752-4368
Adult Protection Act Reports (Toll-Free): 1-855-376-4957
Adult Disabilities and Adults who May Need Protection: (709) 752-4717
The services provided under the CSP focus on supporting individuals, families and care providers by promoting independence, community inclusion, safety and overall well-being.
Individuals 18 years of age and older with physical and/or intellectual disabilities; individuals requiring protection under the Neglected Adults Act; families of children under school age who have delayed development; youth under 18 requiring Special Child Welfare Allowance.
Highlight of Programs / Services Offered:
Referrals to the CSP can be made by the individual or their family, as well as a health care professional. The professional CSP team will determine eligibility for service.
Services provided under the CSP include:
- Financial Assessment Services: Individuals wishing to avail of home supports and other benefits, with the exception of Autism Services, are subject to a financial assessment.
- Home Support Program: Includes the approval and registration of Home Support Agencies.
- Intervention Services: Provides behavioral and skill teaching interventions to individuals and their families. It includes:
- Residential Services Programs: Includes the approval and registration of Alternate Family Care Homes. The CSP is committed to supporting individuals in the family home and in accordance with individual choice. Individuals may reside in their own home or reside with family.
- Special Assistance Program (SAP): Provides basic medical supplies and equipment to assist with activities of daily living for individuals living in the community.
- Special Child Welfare Allowance (SCWA): Assists families with the cost of services and supports incurred in the at-home care of children under 18 years with intellectual and/or physical disabilities.
- Supports for Adults Who May Need Protection: Provides legislative authority to deliver services to any adult in NL, regardless of residence, who may be in need of protective intervention.