Community Food Sharing Association
Address: 21 Mews Place, PO Box 6291, St. John’s, NL A1C 6J9
To endeavor to alleviate hunger by the efficient distribution of food to food banks; To encourage mutual support among members of the association in efforts to achieve these objectives; To encourage recipients of food aid to become involved in the struggle to improve their situation.
Highlights of Programs/Services Offered:
- The Community Food Sharing association presently supplies 60 food banks throughout Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Click here to view the list of food banks across Newfoundland and Labrador
- Acts as a collection and distribution agency by the collection and distribution of bulk donations of food to food banks
- Raises funds for the fulfilment of the objectives of the Association
- Upon request, assists in the development of new food banks
- Assists in the development of public awareness of the causes of poverty in our society
- Eating healthy: promotes making healthy food choices through budget friendly recipes and providing tips for eating well