Janeway Resource Centre, Room 434 in the Janeway Hostel Building at the Health Sciences Centre, 300 Prince Philip Drive, St. John’s, NL A1B 3V6
Tel: (709) 777-2946 Fax: (709) 777-2948
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (closed 12:00-1:00 p.m for lunch)
Mandate: The Janeway Resource Centre provides pediatric and women’s health and wellness information for patients and families in our community.
Target Population: Families, individuals, and organizations – anyone with a need for child and youth health information
Highlight of Programs / Services Offered:
- We can provide you with age-appropriate information on many topics, including medical conditions (e.g. ADHD, autism, cancer, cerebral palsy, eating disorders, and more); breastfeeding; child development; mental health; nutrition; parenting children with special needs; grief and loss, and more.
- If you have requests for information on pediatric and women’s health topics, please email or phone us. You can also search the library catalogue using our website http://www.janewayresourcecentre.ca/.
- Anyone in Newfoundland and Labrador may borrow materials from the Centre. Borrowers must provide their name, mailing address, email and phone number.
- Free mail delivery is provided anywhere in Newfoundland and Labrador. Return postage is also provided.
- Our space: Please check our website or call us to find out if our space has reopened. During normal operations, our family-friendly space offers families visiting the hospital a comfortable space to relax, including a child play area, a quiet room, and a small kitchen. We also have computers with internet access, printing, faxing, and photocopying.
Finding us: We are located in the Janeway Hostel building (the Janeway Hostel is now closed but we are still located in the existing building). It is a brown brick and glass building across from the Adult Emergency entrance at the Health Sciences Centre.