Janeway Hostel, Room 434, 300 Prince Philip Drive, St. John’s, NL A1B 3V6
Tel: (709) 777-2946 Fax: (709) 777-2948
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Usually closed 12:00-1:00 p.m.)
Mandate: The Janeway Resource Centre provides pediatric and women’s health and wellness information for patients and families in our community.
Target Population: Families, individuals, and organizations – anyone with a need for child and youth health information
Highlight of Programs / Services Offered:
- Topics include: medical conditions (e.g. ADHD, autism, cancer, cerebral palsy, eating disorders, and more); breastfeeding; child development; mental health; nutrition; parenting children with special needs; grief and loss, and more. The library catalogue can be searched using the Online Resource Portal.
- Anyone in Newfoundland and Labrador may borrow materials from the Centre. Borrowers must provide their name, mailing address, email and phone number.
- Free mail delivery is provided anywhere in Newfoundland and Labrador. Return postage is also provided.
- Requests for information on pediatric and women’s health topics may be submitted in person, by email, phone or fax.
- A Family-Friendly Space:For families visiting the hospital, the Centre provides:
- A comfortable space to relax, a child play area, a quiet room, and a small kitchen
- Computers with Internet access, printing, faxing, and photocopying
- Note: The Janeway Hostel is the brown brick and glass building across from the Adult Emergency entrance at the Health Sciences Ce