Coalition of Persons with Disabilities-NL (COD-NL)
Address: 460 Torbay Road, St. John’s, NL A1A 5J3
|Email: email@example.com |
Educate all people by changing attitudes concerning the rights of persons with disabilities; Influence regulations, laws, and actions at all levels of government to ensure that all persons with disabilities have opportunity to participate fully in society; and, Involve members and all persons with disabilities in influencing change.
All persons with all types of disabilities
Highlights of Programs/Services Offered:
- A social enterprise which provides Inclusive Service Delivery training certification sessions as well as accessibility audits of the built environment
- Acts as a catalyst, bringing together various organizations of and for persons with disabilities among themselves and with government and other non-government agencies to address issues of mutual concern
- Works with individual and representatives organizations to address policy and program issues around education, training, employment, labour market strategies, social and economic development, human rights, accessibility, accommodations, income support, home support services, etc.
- Works with Federal and Provincial government departments in consultation and advocacy capacities.
- For a list of Resources, click here.
- To Join the Coalition, click here.