657 Topsail Road, St. John’s NL, A1E 2E3
Tel: (709) 777-3786 Fax: (709) 777-5170
Mandate: To assess and treat a variety of sexual issues and concerns of individuals and couples.
Target population: Individuals and couples with sexual issues and concerns which have impacted their relationship(s) and overall quality of life.
Highlight of Programs / Services Offered:
- Sexology is the scientific study of human sexuality.
- Clinical sexologists are trained mental health professionals that specialize in the assessment and treatment of a variety of sexual health issues and concerns of individuals and couples. These concerns include:
|o Sex education and skill building|
o Desire discrepancies
o Sexual orientation concerns
o Gender identity and transitioning
o Erectile difficulties
|o Rapid ejaculation|
o Sexual aversion to touch, intimacy, sexual activity
o Sexual pain disorders
o Atypical sexual variances/paraphilias
- When applicable, your partner may be asked to join the sessions. After the problem is discussed, they will inquire about psychosexual history focusing on:
- Early sexual experiences
- Previous sources of information on sexuality
- Past and current sexual behavior/interests/fantasies
- Level of sexual and relationship satisfaction
- Sexual orientation and gender identity
- Medical conditions and medications that may impact sexual functioning
- They will then work with you to establish therapeutic goals and a treatment plan.
- Assessment, treatment, consultation and educational services are provided on an outpatient basis. Referrals can be made using the Mental Health and Addictions Services Referral Form.