Clinical Sexology – Eastern Health
Address: 760 Topsail Road (Mount Pearl Square)
|Tel: (709) 777-3786 |
Fax: (709) 777-5170
To assess and treat a variety of sexual issues and concerns of individuals and couples.
Individuals and couples with sexual issues and concerns which have impacted their relationship(s) and overall quality of life.
Highlights of Programs/Services Offered:
- Sexology is the scientific study of human sexuality.
- Clinical sexologists are trained mental health professionals that specialize in the assessment and treatment of a variety of sexual health issues and concerns of individuals and couples. These concerns include:
- Sex education and skill building
- Desire discrepancies
- Sexual orientation concerns
- Gender identity and transitioning
- Erectile difficulties
- Rapid ejaculation
- Sexual aversion to touch, intimacy, sexual activity
- Sexual pain disorders
- Atypical sexual variances/paraphilias
- When applicable, your partner may be asked to join the sessions. After the problem is discussed, they will inquire about psychosexual history focusing on:
- Early sexual experiences
- Previous sources of information on sexuality
- Past and current sexual behavior/interests/fantasies
- Level of sexual and relationship satisfaction
- Sexual orientation and gender identity
- Medical conditions and medications that may impact sexual functioning
- They will then work with you to establish therapeutic goals and a treatment plan.
- Assessment, treatment, consultation and educational services are provided on an outpatient basis.
- Referrals are to be sent to Mental Health & Addictions Adult Central Intake MHAIntake@easternhealth.ca