CAST (Concurrent, Addictions, Specialized Treatment) Services – Eastern Health
Address: 657 Topsail Road, St. John’s, NL
|Reception: (709) 777-5074 |
Program Manager: (709) 752-4923
Clinical Lead: (709) 752-4203
To provide integrated care for clients who are experiencing both mental health and addictions issues, known as concurrent disorders, where there is a significant impairment in functioning and/or a high level of distress.
Adults 18+ with concurrent disorders involving significant and severe mental health and substance use issues and/or gambling. These issues substantially interfere with or limit one or more major life activities (ex: school, employment, personal safety, and housing).
Highlights of Programs/Services Offered:
- Outpatient, community-based counseling services for individuals that have a high severity of both mental health and addictions needs.
- Services may include individual, couple, family, and/or group therapy.
- Recovery-focused goals for treatment may include:
- Increasing knowledge about concurrent disorders
- Taking a harm-reduction approach to substance use
- Receiving help for mental health issues
- Learning more adaptive ways of coping
- Physicians and other health professional can fax or email a referral by contacting intake for adults. Individuals may call the Adult Central Intake line directly at (709) 752- 8888 for information and self-referral.