70 The Boulevard, St. John’s, NL A1A 1K2
Tel: (709) 754-1180 (ext. 5904) Contact: Deborah Wearn
Fax: (709) 754-2018 Toll Free: 1-800-563-2642
Mandate: CNIB strives to enhance independence for Canadians who are blind or partially sighted and to be the leader in promoting vision health.
Target Population: CNIB is committed to helping anyone with a vision problem that cannot be corrected using ordinary lenses and that significantly affects the person’s independence.
Highlight of Programs / Services Offered:
CNIB passionately provides community-based support, knowledge and a national voice to ensure Canadians who are blind or partially sighted have the confidence, skills and opportunities to fully participate in life.
- CNIB works with clients in their own homes and communities, providing a range of programs and services that help people overcome the challenges of sight loss, increase their independence and achieve their goals.
- CNIB also advocates for equal access and an inclusive society, and strives to reduce unnecessary vision loss by promoting the effective prevention, diagnosis and treatment of eye disease.
- Services include:
- National Helpline
- Independent Living
- Consumer Products and Assistive Technology
- Orientation and Mobility
- Low Vision Services
- Child and Family Service Intervention
- Atlantic Connections Online
- Peer Support Groups
- Braille Mentoring Program