39 Cookstown Road, St. John’s, NL A1C 4G7
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: (709) 722-9225
Website: http://www.bridgestohope.ca/ Fax: (709) 722-4840
Mandate: Bridges to Hope is committed to reducing the effects of poverty on individuals and families through access to essential food, and other programs that help empower our clients.
Target Population: Citizens requiring food assistance support
Highlights of Programs / Services offered:
- Food Bank/Pantry Service: working in conjunction with Community Food Sharing, the service is available: Tuesdays 11 am – 12:50 pm; Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays 10 am– 12:50pm. Clients’ need their MCP and AES file number or Drug card number to get a full hamper every 28 days (some emergency hampers available). Serves all areas of St. John’s.
- Community Outreach Bridges to Hope also supports the community through an education outreach program called “Bag To School”.
- Parents and students who wish to register for the program can contact Bridges To Hope in July.
- Volunteer Programs: The organization has 3 employees; 2 part time and 1 full time. All other functions are undertaken by volunteers.
- Smart Snack Program: With over 200 of our monthly clients being school aged children, this program provides children with healthy essential food items that they would otherwise not have access to.
- Each Smart Snack kit holds 4-5 days worth of nutritious snacks that include protein, dairy, fruit and a homemade snack such as a bran muffin or energy bite.
- Healthy Hamper Program: Ensures that our clients are provided with fresh fruits and vegetables, homemade soup and smart snacks.