Office Address: 215 LeMarchant Rd., St. John’s, A1C 2H5
Mailing Address: Unit 50 Hamlyn Rd. Plaza, Suite 408. A1E 5X7
Tel: (709) 754-3572 Toll-Free: 1-800-755-2044 Fax: (709) 754-6626
Mandate: To provide medical care, including abortion, to pregnant individuals in an atmosphere of respect and dignity with an emphasis on reproductive freedom
Target Population: Pregnant individuals of any age.
Highlight of Programs / Services Offered:
- While at the Clinic you will meet with a trained counselor who will explain the procedure, provide birth control information, and give emotional support.
- Can also provide testing for sexually transmitted infections (STI) including chlamydia, gonorrhea, HIV, syphilis, and hepatitis B and C (not mandatory)
- Your doctor can refer you to the Clinic, but we prefer that you call us yourself. This will give you the chance to ask questions or voice concerns you might have.
- Newfoundland and Labrador people with MCP are fully insured and therefore do not have to pay for abortion services at this clinic.
- Post-operative teaching is done regarding care after the procedure. Printed handouts with relevant information are given to clients. There is an emphasis on birth control and the centre will give samples to clients when available.
- 24-hour emergency contact number available for clients who have any post-operative questions or concerns.
- Satellite clinics on the west coast of the island.
- Medical (mifegymiso) and surgical abortion (aspiration) options to clients.
- Available services for emergency IUD insertions after a contraceptive failure—copper IUDs are far more effective (at 99%+ effective) than Plan B (at 75-89%) for contraceptive failure