215 LeMarchant Road
St. John’s, NL A1C 2H5
Unit 50 Hamlyn Road Plaza
Suite 408, St. John’s, NL A1E 5X7
Tel: (709) 754-3572 Fax: (709) 754-6626 Toll-Free: 1-800-755-2044
Mandate: To provide medical care to pregnant individuals in an atmosphere of respect and dignity with a particular emphasis on reproductive freedom, including abortion and contraception
Target Population: Pregnant individuals of any age (child bearing).
Highlight of Programs / Services Offered:
- While at the Clinic you will meet with a trained counselorwho will explain the procedure, provide birth control information, and give emotional support.
- Care in a comfortable, non-judgmentalenvironment
- Can also provide testing for sexually transmitted infections (STI)including chlamydia, gonorrhea, HIV, syphilis, and hepatitis B and C (not mandatory)
- Your doctor can refer you to the Clinic, but weprefer that you call us yourself. This will give you the chance to ask questions or voice concerns you might have.
- Newfoundland and Labrador people with MCP arefully insured and therefore do not have to pay for abortion services at this clinic.
- Post-operative teachingis done regarding care after the procedure. Printed handouts with relevant information are given to clients. There is an emphasis on birth control and the centre will give samples to clients when available.
- 24-hour emergency contact numberavailable for clients who have any post-operative questions or concerns.
- Satellite clinics on the west coast of the island.
- Medical (mifegymiso) and surgical abortion (aspiration) options to clients.
- Available services for emergency IUD insertions after a contraceptive failure—copper IUDs are far more effective (at 99%+ effective) than Plan B (at 75-89%) for contraceptive failure.