Amal Youth and Family Centre NL
Address: 92 Elizabeth Avenue, St. John’s
|General Inquiries |
Tel: (709) 552-1175
Tel: (709) 769-1285
Amal Youth and Family Centre is a non-profit organization located in St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada.
Established in 2021, the mission of Amal Youth and Family Centre is to provide a range of innovative services responsive to the needs of individuals, families and communities, including educational, social, cultural, outreach, clinical, family-based, alternate care and networking activities. Amal aims to provide trauma-informed, neuro-diverse, and culturally, racially, linguistically, and developmentally sensitive services for youth and families, and to promote diversity in all forms with respect to citizenship status, culture, religion, race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexuality, age, and ability.
Amal serves children, youth, families and adults.
Highlights of Programs/Services Offered:
- Services offered through Amal include:
- Education services: in partnership with Pathways to Education we are launching a youth engagement project designed to address barriers and gaps in services that high school students experience
- Family engagement services
- Intensive in-home supports
- Reunification supports:
- Skills Training
- Coaching/Mentoring: Evidence-based assessment and intervention for challenging behaviour.
- Behavioural Health Supports
- Multicultural Services
- Family Based Care
- Adult Services
- Connect Parent Group