Al-Anon / Alateen Area 83 NL
Address: 303 Thorburn Rd Box G, St. John’s NL, A1B 4R1
|Tel: (709) 722-2666 |
Al-Anon is a fellowship of relatives and friends of alcoholics who share their experiences, strength and hope in order to solve their common problems. Alateen is a fellowship of young Al-Anon Members, usually teenagers, whose lives have been affected by someone else’s drinking.
Relatives and friends of alcoholics.
Highlights of Programs/Services Offered:
- Support meetings for adults and youth who have been affected by someone else’s drinking
- Helps families of alcoholics by practicing the Twelve Steps, by welcoming and giving comfort to families of alcoholics, and by giving understanding and encouragement to the alcoholic.
- These 20 questions are to help you decide whether Alateen is for you.
- Podcasts: Audio recordings on the Internet that are available by subscription.
- An easy way to hear what Al-Anon has to offer. The podcast, “First Steps to Al- Anon Recovery” are at www.al-anonfamilygroups.org
- Subscriptions are free; an automated e-mail notifies subscribers when a new instalment is posted.
- Al-Anon’s Public Outreach: Serves the general public, professionals, and media requesting information. Public Outreach is available to correctional centres, schools, social workers, community and crisis centres, and social workers.