50 Mayor Ave, St. John’s, NL A1C 4N7
Tel: (709) 722-2666 Toll-free: 1-888-455-2666
Mandate: Al-Anon is a fellowship of relatives and friends of alcoholics who share their experiences, strength and hope in order to solve their common problems. Alateen is a fellowship of young Al-Anon Members, usually teenagers, whose lives have been affected by someone else’s drinking.
Target Population: Relatives and friends of alcoholics
Highlight of Programs / Services Offered:
- Services are provided using the Three Legacies: Steps, Traditions, and Concepts.
- Support meetingsfor adults and youth who have been affected by someone else’s drinking
- Helps families of alcoholics by practicing the Twelve Steps, by welcoming and giving comfort to families of alcoholics, and by giving understanding and encouragement to the alcoholic.
- These 20 questions are to help you decide whether Alateen is for you.
- Podcasts: Audio recordings on the Internet that are available by subscription.
- An easy way to hear what Al-Anon has to offer. The podcast, “First Steps to Al-Anon Recovery” are at www.al-anonfamilygroups.org
- Subscriptions are free; an automated e-mail notifies subscribers when a new instalment is posted.
- Al-Anon Family Groups are offering podcasts to families and friends of alcoholics.
- Al-Anon’s Public Outreach: Serves the general public, professionals, and media requesting information. Public Outreach is available to:
- Correctional Centres
- Community & Crisis Centres
- Social Workers