|T. 709.778.1000 or 1.800.563.9000 |
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 9000, St. John’s NL A1A 3B8
Physical Address: 146 – 148 Forest Road, St. John’s NL
|T. 709.489.1600 or 1.800.563.3448 |
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 850 Grand Falls-Windsor NL A2A 2P7
Physical Address:26 High Street Grand Falls-Windsor NL
|T. 709.637.2700 or 1.800.563.2772 |
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 474, Corner Brook, NL A2H 6E6
Physical Address: Suite 201B, Millbrook Mall, 2 Herald Avenue, Corner Brook NL
WorkplaceNL administers the Workplace Health, Safety and Compensation Act (the Act). Under the authority of sections 5 and 20.2 of the Act, WorkplaceNL:
- Promotes workplace health and safety in order to prevent and reduce workplace injury and illness.
- Strives to ensure injured workers receive the best care possible and the benefits to which they are entitled.
- Facilitates injured workers’ recovery, and early and safe return to work.
- Administers an employer classification and assessment system.
- Ensures adequate funding for services through sound financial management.
Workers and Employers in Newfoundland and Labrador.
Highlights of Programs/Services Offered:
- Health Care Benefits
- Wage Loss Benefits
- Early and Safe Return-to-Work Programs
- Fair Compensation for Injured Worker/Dependents.
- Raising awareness of the factors that can impact well-being in the workplace, such as unsafe working conditions and job-related factors such as heavy workloads, long working hours and inadequate training.
- Targets young workers through prevention education activities to work towards transforming attitudes and behaviours related to safety.