Women in Science and Engineering NL (WISENL)
Address: PO Box 23176, Churchill Square, St. John’s, NL A1B 3J9
|Tel: (709) 864-2484 |
To increase the participation of women in science, technology, engineering and mathematics careers by increasing awareness that these professions are rewarding and exciting options for women. To provide mentoring, professional development and networking opportunities to facilitate the success of women in these fields, and advocate for equitable workplaces.
Women in Science and Engineering in Newfoundland and Labrador.
Highlights of Programs/Services Offered:
- Speaker Series
- Mentorship Program
- Indigenous Youth Conferences
- WISE Student Summer Employment Program (SSEP) for High School females
- CareerLinks: Smart Choices for Women
- An interactive tool that connects users to career information on science, engineering, trades, and technology (SETT).
- WinSETT Leadership Program
- Professional development workshops tailored to early and mid-career female engineers, scientists, technologists, and tradespersons in science and technology-based sectors.
- Post-Secondary Students:
- In addition, WISENL members can take advantage of:
- Monthly meetings
- Networking sessions
- E-mail connections Career talks
- Workplace tours
- Social activities
- Science fairs awards
- Youth group mini training sessions (e.g. Girl Guides)