The Vera Perlin Society
Address: 40 O’Leary Avenue P.O. Bx 7114, St. John’s NL, A1E 3Y3
|Tel: (709) 739-6017 |
Facebook: @Vera Perlin Society
Fax: (709) 739-5532
To encourage personal growth, to foster financial independence and to promote community integration of individuals with developmental disabilities. To secure and/or provide quality service and support for all individuals with a developmental disability and their families in the St. John’s and surrounding areas, enabling them to participate in all areas of community living.
Individuals with developmental disabilities aged 18+ in St. John’s and surrounding areas.
Highlights of Programs/Services Offered:
- Career Development: The Perlin Centre offers a variety of quality day programs to individuals with developmental disabilities 18 years of age and older living in St. John’ s and the surrounding areas. The Perlin Centre is located at 350 Pennywell Road West and that hours of operation are 8:30AM-4:00PM.
- Employment: The Employment Division attempts to provide the best possible ways and means to access community based employment opportunities. Programming includes:
- W.O.R.C. (Work Orientation Rehabilitation Centre): The W.O.R.C program matches employer needs with client abilities.
- Supported Employment: Works to secure community based paid employment for individuals with a developmental disability.
- C.E.E (Career Education and Exploration): A pre-employment skills program for adults with a developmental disability. This program is housed out of the College of the North Atlantic (Prince Philip Drive Campus), and runs from September to June.
- The Button Shop: The clients who work at The Button Shop can choose to either work full or part time. All work completed at The Button Shop is done on a contract basis which is secured through the business community. You can contact the Button shop at 738-1500, Fax: 738-1744, firstname.lastname@example.org, or at 235-237 Pennywell Road.