NL Association for the Deaf (NLAD)
33 Pippy Place, Suite 201. St. John’s, NL A1B 3X2
|TTY/Voice: (709) 726-6672 |
Fax: (709) 726-6650
NLAD Interpreting Services: https://www.facebook.com/NLADInterpretingServices/
Interpreting Services Phone number: (709) 726-6523
To protect and promote the rights, needs and concerns of people who are profoundly Deaf or who communicate in American Sign Language within the Province of Newfoundland and Labrador.
People who are profoundly Deaf or who communicate in American Sign Language.
Highlights of Programs/Services Offered:
- Employment Services and Support: NLAD Employment Services seeks to ensure that deaf clients have full access to career and employment services which enables them to seek, obtain and keep employment.
- Employment Readiness
- Career Exploration/Career Options
- Job Search Techniques
- Interview Preparation
- Outreach to Local Labour Market/Employers
- Job Maintenance/Employment Monitoring
- Job Accommodations and Supports (TTY’s/Communication Devices)
- Public Awareness and Education Workshops
- Inclusive Education: Inclusive Education for the deaf means the education of students with various hearing levels in a way that addresses the students’ individual differences and needs. An inclusive education program for Deaf students must be customized to address each individual student’s unique needs.
- Family Communication Program: The Family Communication Program supports family communication for families with Deaf family members by teaching American Sign Language (ASL) and provides information about the Deaf community and Deaf culture.
- Sign Language Classes: Classes in ASL are offered to the community from beginner to intermediate.
- Community Support Worker: The Community Support Worker is responsible for providing services to Deaf adults who use American Sign Language (ASL) and supporting Deaf adults as a member of the Deaf community.
- Contact our Community Support Worker email@example.com
- Health and Wellness Counselling Services: Provides a friendly, confidential and non-judgmental environment where individuals who are culturally Deaf can find support and encouragement for the many problems that can happen during the path of life. Health & Wellness Counselling Services offers assistance to individuals dealing with:
- Deaf Identity
- Feeling Lonely
- Grief & Loss
- Family Problems
- Life Changes (new job, relationships, health concerns)
- Interpreting Services
- Interpreting Services – ASL-English Interpreting Services within Newfoundland and Labrador. Founded under the NL Association of the Deaf September 2019, we offer both in person and virtual ASL/English interpreting.
- NLAD Interpreting Services: https://www.facebook.com/NLADInterpretingServices/
- Interpreting Services Phone number: (709) 726-6523
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org