Website: www.communitysector.nl.ca Twitter: @CSC NL
St. John’s Office
25 Anderson Avenue Tel: (709) 753-9860
St. John’s NL A1B 3E4 Toll-Free: 1-866-753-9860
Email: email@example.com or Fax: (709) 753-6112
Arts and Culture Centre Tel: (709) 651-1140
Airport Boolevard Toll-Free: 1-877-651-1140
Gander, NL A1V 2N9 Fax: (709) 651-1142
Mandate: The Community Sector Council of Newfoundland and Labrador is an independent, nonprofit organization promoting social and economic well-being whose goal is a prosperous and inclusive society that supports individuals, families and communities. CSC NL’s mission is to encourage citizen engagement, promote the integration of social and economic development and to provide leadership in shaping public policies.
Target Population: Non-profit, community-based groups and volunteers in Newfoundland and Labrador
Highlight of Programs / Services Offered:
- Web Portal and Virtual Resource Centre – nl.ca – A comprehensive web portal for community organizations with an online resource centre, interactive volunteer postings, event listings, bulletin board, sector news, resources and more.
- Web Directory of Community Organizations – The CSC NL Online Directory now has 2,600+ members and helps connect individuals to nonprofit websites.
- E-newsletter and Social Media – CSC NL’s monthly newsletter goes to more than 4700 recipients.
- Research, Publications and Surveys – Conducts in-person and online research and surveys on issues of interest to the nonprofit sector including the Community Sector Pulse Survey. CSC NL initiates, undertakes and collaborates in research and publications related to community capacity building, social and economic development, the social economy, volunteerism, the voluntary community-based sector, public policy and other issues of concern.
- Training – Conducts trainingin areas such as youth engagement, board governance, volunteer recruitment and management, charitable obligation, financial management, HR management and digital literacy.
- National Volunteer Week – Volunteer Week NL can be followed on Facebook (facebook.com/VolunteerWeekNL) and on Instagram (@VolunteerWeekNL).
- CSC NL Vibrant Communities – St. John’s poverty reduction initiative. Part of a nation-wide program, CSC NL Vibrant Communities brings together people living in poverty, government, the community sector and the private sector to develop solutions collaboratively.
- Public Access Program – Often in partnership with Vibrant Communities, CSC NL’s volunteer-led Public Access Program helps individuals navigate the income support system and access the Social Assistance Policy Manual