Community Sector Council Newfoundland and Labrador (CSC NL)
St. John’s Office
|25 Anderson Avenue St. John’s, NL A1B 3E4 |
|Tel: (709) 753-9860 |
Fax: (709) 753-6112
|Main Lobby- Arts and Culture Centre |
PO Box 2222- Airport Boulevard Gander, NL A1V 2N9
|Tel: (709) 651-1140 |
Fax: (709) 651-1142
To find out more:
The Community Sector Council of Newfoundland and Labrador is an independent, non-profit organization promoting social and economic well-being whose goal is a prosperous and inclusive society that supports individuals, families and communities. CSC NL’s mission is to encourage citizen engagement, promote the integration of social and economic development and to provide leadership in shaping public policies.
Non-profit, community-based groups and volunteers in Newfoundland and Labrador.
Highlights of Programs/Services Offered:
- Web Portal and Virtual Resource Centre (www.communitysectornl.ca) – A comprehensive web portal for community organizations with an online resource centre, interactive volunteer postings, event listings, bulletin board, sector news, resources and more.
- Web Directory of Community Organizations – The CSC NL Online Directory now has 2,600+ members and helps connect individuals to non-profit websites.
- E-newsletter and Social Media – CSC NL’s newsletter goes to more than 4700 recipients. Follow CSC NL on social media through Twitter (@CSCNL) and Facebook (facebook.com/cscnl).
- Research, Publications and Surveys – Conducts in-person and online research and surveys on issues of interest to the non-profit sector including the Community Sector Pulse Survey. CSC NL initiates, undertakes and collaborates in research and publications related to community capacity building, social and economic development, the social economy, volunteerism, the voluntary community-based sector, public policy and other issues of concern.
- Training – Conducts training in areas such as youth engagement, board governance, volunteer recruitment and management, charitable obligation, financial management, HR management and digital literacy.
- National Volunteer Week – Volunteer Week NL information can be found on our website and you can follow us on Facebook (facebook.com/VolunteerWeekNL) and on Instagram (@VolunteerWeekNL).
- CSC NL Vibrant Communities – St. John’s poverty reduction initiative. Part of a nation-wide program, CSC NL Vibrant Communities brings together people living in poverty, government, the community sector and the private sector to develop solutions collaboratively.
- Pulse Panel: The Community Sector Council NL is establishing a Pulse Panel of community thought leaders who agree to be surveyed online on a quarterly basis.
- Training for Non-Profits: Training is given to nonprofit community organizations on specific needs they may need addressed
- Public Access Program – CSC NL’s volunteer-led Public Access Program helps individuals navigate the income support system and access the Social Assistance Policy Manual.