CBDC – Metro Business Opportunities, Newfoundland and Labrador
Address: 961 Topsail Road, Mount Pearl, NL A1N 3K1
|Tel: (709) 738-1626 |
|Facebook: @AACBDC |
LinkedIn: Atlantic Association of CBDCs
To assist in the creation of small businesses, and in the expansion and modernization of existing businesses by providing financial and technical services to entrepreneurs, especially those who require customized financing not normally available from traditional sources.
Residents of Newfoundland and Labrador who are seeking assistance with business development, and financial assistance.
Highlights of Programs/Services Offered:
- CBDC Social Enterprise Loan: Is available to non-profits, including charities, cooperatives or societies in need of business support (in the form of a loan or loan guarantee).
- Entrepreneurial Opportunities Program (EOP): Available to individuals who are receiving or eligible to receive Provincial Income Support. The Program assists individuals to become self-employed by providing business plan guidance, business counselling, general business training, and financial assistance up to $5,000.
- Consultant Advisory Series: New and existing clients of CBDCs and ACOA will be able to access technical and financial assistance by engaging consultants to assist them with various issues, opportunities and challenges.
- CBDC Innovation Loan: CBDC Innovation Loans may be used for the acquisition of equipment, software, processes or licenses, and other things that are “new” technology that will improve business operations. Expenses for infrastructure changes or installation, as well as maintenance due to implementation and utilization of new technology also qualify. We can also assist with costs for training employees in the application and use of the new technology.
- CBDC Youth Loan: Young entrepreneurs aged 18-34 in rural Atlantic Canada access to the capital they need for business startup, expansion or modernization
- Business Valuation and Success Planning: Available to small businesses operating in a CBDC governed region, that are actively preparing to transfer ownership of the business. The Businesses is in good standing with CRA, ACOA and Government of NL