Brighter Futures Coalition of St. John’s
Head office Address: Suite 200, Nuport Building, 44 Torbay Road, St. John’s, NL A1A 2G4
|Tel: (709) 739-8096 |
Fax: (709) 739-8097
Facebook: Brighter Futures Coalition of St. John’s and District
The healthy development and well-being of children and families within supportive communities. To provide quality programs and services that promote the healthy birth, growth and development of children aged 0-6 years and their families.
Children 0 – 6 years and their families.
Highlights of Programs/Services Offered:
- Healthy Baby Club: A flexible, continuous-entry program that provides support, nurturing and guidance to pregnant mothers.
- The weekly group meetings provide an opportunity for participants to get together with other pregnant women in a relaxed and friendly environment.
- You can self-refer to this program if you are in need of some additional support during your pregnancy.
- For a list of Healthy Baby Club locations click here Locations – Brighter Futures (brighter-futures.net)
- Mother Goose: A group experience for parents/ caregivers, their babies and young children; it focuses on the please and power of using rhymes, songs, and stories together.
- Up to 12 children per group, and generally offer 3 sessions per year (September, January, and April). Sessions vary between 8-10 weeks. Wait times for programs depend on the number on the waiting list.
- Please note: Mother Goose is a free program and due to the long wait lists for each site participants will be enrolled in one session only.
- Pre-registration is required for this program, to add your name to our waiting list please complete this form: https://forms.gle/ciJpyLN9EbF7smJd9
- Currently offering the program at East End St. John’s East Point Elementary Thursday’s 1:00-2:00pm Baby to One Year old.
- Physical Activity Program: Not being offered at this time
- Family Resource Centres – Play Groups: A supportive environment that recognizes the value of family in the development of happy, healthy children.
- Offers 7 free, play based programs for parents/ caregivers with their children, ages 0-6.
- For a list of Family Resource Centres, click here.
- Please note: there are no drop-in playgrounds please Email Co-Ordinator by clicking here Family Resource Centres-Playgroups – Brighter Futures (brighter-futures.net) to inquire how to attend. Our groups are by sign up only via Facebook groups by clicking here https://www.facebook.com/groups/384617165343790/
- Being Mom – Brighter Futures (brighter-futures.net)
- Provides an opportunity to connect with other mom’s and share similar experience, hear from guest speakers and enjoy nutritious snack.
- If you are interested in this program about “Being Mom” contact Alisa at email@example.com and join our Facebook group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/504925916934523/