Bridges to Hope
Address: 39 Cookstown Road, St. John’s NL A1C 4G7
|Tel: (709) 722-9225 |
Food Bank Hours: Tues-Fri 10am-12:50pm
|Facebook: BridgesToHope |
Our programming offers help to anyone requiring food assistance. It’s not a hand out – it’s a hand up, helping Newfoundland families and individuals move forward in life. Our clients are your neighbours, co-workers, and friends. That’s why at Bridges to Hope our focus is “neighbours feeding neighbours.”
Bridges to Hope serves anyone requiring food assistance on the Northeast Avalon.
Highlights of Programs/Services Offered:
- Clients can access one full hamper and one emergency hamper per month. The full food hamper includes fresh baked bread, homemade soups and stews prepared in our community kitchen, plus other essential food items required to feed a family or an individual for up to five days. Our emergency hamper is designed to last 24 to 36 hours.
- Ensures that clients have access to fresh healthy food options. Each hamper includes fresh fruits and vegetables, homemade low sodium soup
Smart Snack Program:
- This program provides children with healthy essential food items that they would not have access to otherwise. This program fills the gaps after school on the weekends. Each Smart Snack kit holds 4-5 days worth of nutritious snacks that include protein, dairy, fruit and a homemade snack such as a bran muffin or energy bite.
Bag to School:
Bridges to Hope supports students in our community through an education outreach program called “Bag to School.” The program provides K-12 and post-secondary students with quality, curriculum-based school supplies, all packaged in a backpack and ready to go. Registration for the program occurs annually in July. For more information, please visit our website.
Every year in December Bridges to Hope In partnership with Rotary Club distributes to an average of 350 families. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic the program now distributes gift cards as it allows them to choose what they most need for their holiday dinner.
- Bridges to Hope partners with two community groups to distribute food hampers to those in our community who otherwise cannot access food banks. Ensure that seniors, those with disabilities, and those without access to reliable transportation can access food assistance.
- Connections for Seniors serves those in the metro region ages 55 and above who can’t leave their home due to illness, transportation barriers, impaired mobility and other challenges
- Local Wellness Collective has a similar mandate, serving people of all ages in the metro region who do not have the means to physically access food banks.
Food Bank Services:
- Is available to anyone in need of food assistance
- We offer walk-in hours 4 days a week, as well as appointment-only hours on Wednesday evenings.
- Click here to book an appointment
- Our food pantry located at 39 Cookstown Road is open for walk-ins Tuesday-Friday 10am-12:50pm.
- Valid MCP cards for each member of the family are required.